Source is a café and food hall situated in the heart of Bristol, we have been here since 2009. Our strengths include the fact that we are owner operated, each owner taking on various roles within the business. In addition we are in the unique position of directly sourcing the best possible ingredients from local suppliers in the South West and further-a-field. We sell to our customers through the food hall and café where we take these ingredients to cook a modern British menu which is completely focused on seasonality and underscores the quality of the produce we buy. We consider our colleagues to be a vital part of the business and one of the main factors which make us stand out from our competitors; their passion, knowledge and determination are fundamental to the relationships we have with our customers.
We currently have two roles available.
Front of house
About the role - we are looking for someone to work part-time (16 hours) in the café serving brilliant coffees, taking orders and payments as well as having a hands on role helping the chefs with tasks. Although we are only open in the day time we may occasionally require you to work some additional evening shifts, we will provide lots of notice if this happens. We aim to give you two days off together and regular shift patterns each week as well as lunch.
The ideal candidates will be
• have previous experience working in a similar role
• demonstrate excellent communication and influencing skills
• be able to work effectively as part of a team whilst undertaking a leadership role
• identify ways to increase profitability
• be able to demonstrate an up-to-date understanding of the industry
• Continually strive to achieve personal goals and objectives
• Lead by example and offer clear direction to a team
• Be uncompromising in achieving company standards
• Communicate relevant business information regularly, efficiently and concisely to the team
• Build effective and constructive relationships
• Undertake any necessary training with regards to using the till and making coffee
• Engage with customers in both the café and shop in order to help and advise when required.
In return we offer;
• Competitive salary
• A great place to learn
• Staff discount scheme
• 28 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
• Uniform allowance
• A share of all tips
What to do next - if you are keen to apply and you think you have what it takes to join the team we would love to hear from you. Please email us with a covering letter and a CV. We will then get in touch and take it from there. The café role is available from the 17th of June. Please send all C.Vs in by the 1st Of June. If you have any questions please feel free to email them in to Joe, Liz or Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org we look forward to hearing from you.