Sous chef vacancy, full time, day time hours.
Source is a café and food hall situated in the heart of Bristol, we have been here for over 9 years. Our strengths include the fact that we are owner operated, each owner taking on various roles within the business. In addition we are in the unique position of directly sourcing the best possible ingredients from local suppliers in the South West and further-a-field. We sell to our customers through the food hall and café where we take these ingredients to cook a modern British menu which is completely focused on seasonality and underscores the quality of the produce we buy. We consider our staff to be a vital part of the business and one of the main factors which make us stand out from our competitors; their passion, knowledge and determination are fundamental to the relationships we have with our customers.
The ideal candidate will
• have previous experience working in a similar role
• demonstrate excellent communication and influencing skills
• be able to work effectively as part of a team whilst undertaking a leadership role
• identify ways to increase profitability
• be able to demonstrate an up-to-date understanding of the industry
• Continually strive to achieve personal goals and objectives
• Lead by example and offer clear direction to a team
• Be uncompromising in achieving company standards
• Communicate relevant business information regularly, efficiently and concisely to the team
• Build effective and constructive relationships
• Undertake any necessary training with regards to using the till and making coffee
• Engage with customers in both the café and shop in order to help and advise when required.
In return we offer;
• Competitive salary
• A great place to learn
• Staff discount scheme
• 28 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
• Uniform allowance